General Presidential Primary – March 19, 2024
General Presidential Election – November 5, 2024
Consolidated Primary *only if required* – February 25, 2025
Consolidated Election – April 1, 2025
General Elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years. General Elections are biennial elections at which members of the Illinois General Assembly are elected. Other Federal, State, and County offices are included on the ballot, such as
- Federal – U.S. President and Vice President, U.S. Senator, Representatives in Congress – all 17 Districts
- State – Governor and Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Comptroller, Treasurer, State Senators – some or all of the 59 Districts according to Illinois constitution, Representatives in the General Assembly – all 118 Districts
- County – County Clerk, County Treasurer, County Sheriff, County Auditor, County Circuit Clerk, County State’s Attorney, Regional Superintendents of Schools, County Board Members
- Judicial – Judges of Supreme, Appellate, Circuit, Resident Circuit Court – vacancies will be filled, if required; retention questions
- Party – National Party Convention Delegates, State Central Committeemen and -women and Precinct Committeemen will be elected at the Primary Election, not nominated.
General Primary Elections are held the third Tuesday of March in even-numbered years.
Consolidated Elections are held to elect School and City officials, such as members of school boards, community college trustees, ward aldermen and mayor. Consolidated Elections are held on the first Tuesday in April of odd-numbered years, unless it conflicts with the celebration of Passover, in which case that election shall be postponed to the first Tuesday following the last day of Passover.
Consolidated Primary elections are held on the last Tuesday in February in odd-numbered years, if needed.