Military & Overseas Voters

Visit Illinois MOVE for Illinois State Board of Elections military and overseas citizen voting information. Each voter will be able to create an account submitting all information needed to receive vote by mail ballots with the proper local election authority and account activity will be tracked for the voter’s convenience. To receive a Vote By Mail ballot, a FPCA Form must be submitted to our office either electronically or by mail.

Information can also be found online at the U.S. Department of Defense Federal Voting Assistance Program for instructions on registering to vote and requesting vote by mail ballots, as well as the forms necessary to do so.

Please contact us if you have any further questions about voting as an active member of the military, a military spouse or a citizen residing overseas (out of the U.S.)


Registration requirements do not apply to members of the United States Armed Forces on active duty, members of the United States Armed Forces who have been discharged within 60 days before an election, or to certain qualified residents who are absent from McLean County.  Such a voter may be able to complete a Military Affidavit and vote at the polls if present in the county on Election Day. This does not apply to military spouses and dependents.